Classic Cheese Fondue
1 lb Gruyere, grated
3/4 lb Emmental (sometimes spelled Emmentaler), grated
6 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
2 1/4 c. (18 oz) Sauvignon Blanc
1-2 crusty baguettes, cut into pieces for dipping
1) In a large bowl, toss the grated cheese with the cornstarch and dry mustard.
2) Rub the bottom and sides of a pot or fondue-maker with the garlic.
3) Add the wine to the pot and heat to a strong simmer (bubbling, but not boiling).
4) Stir in the cheese one handful at a time, waiting for each handful to completely melt before adding more.
5) Reduce heat and serve with bread.